General Information and Advice
If you are an English major with a 3.0 or better GPA and plan to pursue an unpaid internship where you will utilize the skills that you are developing as a major (such as a publishing, editing, or journalism internship), you may consider applying to earn unit credit in the Department for your work via the English 195I Internship Credit course. The staff undergraduate advisor has more information on this possibility. Note that applications for department internship credit must be submitted in advance of the internship beginning, and require the participation of a faculty member willing to supervise as the internship progresses.
Listed below are some resources to explore.
Publishing and Editing
- Journalism Jobs (Berkeley)
- Riley Guide: Writing, Broadcasting and Journalism Jobs
Advertising, Marketing, and Media
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: Advertising, Marketing, Promotions, Public Relations, and Sales
- Riley Guide: Sales, Advertising, and Marketing
- Government Jobs: Advertising and Media