Department of English Temporary Lecturer Pool
Open date: November 15th, 2021
Next review date: Saturday, Oct 15, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Monday, Oct 31, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of English at UC Santa Barbara invites applications for a pool of qualified temporary lecturers to teach courses in English for the upcoming
openings. Screening of applicants is ongoing and will continue as needed. The number of positions varies from quarter to quarter, depending on the needs of
Positions may range from 33% to 100%. The department is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the
academic community through research, teaching and service through research, teaching and service as appropriate to the position.
The posting will remain open until October 31, 2022 to accommodate department needs. Appointments for fall quarter are usually reviewed in July, winter
quarter in October, and for spring quarter in January. The pool will close on October 31, 2022; if you would like to continue to be considered after that time,
and the pooled position is advertised again, you will need to submit a new application. If there is no future review date specified, your application may not be
considered at this time.
Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
- At the time of application, candidates must have completed all requirements for a PhD (or international equivalent) except the dissertation in English and/or
- American and/or Anglophone Literatures or a related field and have one or more years teaching experience at university or college level.
Additional qualifications (required at time of start)
- At the time of hire, a PhD in English and/or American and/or Anglophone Literatures or a related field is required.
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Teaching
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity – Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through research, teaching, and/or service. (Optional)
- 4 required (contact information only)
- Please provide the names and complete contact information for 4 references. The department will conduct a reference check for the finalist before extendingan offer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. Please refer to Appendix F, Section II.C. of the policy for the deadlines applicable to new University of California employees. (Capitalized terms in this paragraph are defined in the policy.) Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.