In Memoriam - Glyn Salton-Cox
|In Memoriam – Glyn Salton-Cox
The English Department is devastated to announce the death over the New Year of our colleague Glyn Salton-Cox. To his family, loved ones, and friends here, in his native Britain, and throughout the world, we offer our deepest and most heartfelt condolences. Glyn was a brilliant scholar, a very popular teacher, and the kindest of colleagues.
The Department of English invites you to a commemoration of our colleague Glyn Salton-Cox on Friday, March 3d, 2023.
We will gather in the Faculty Club’s Betty Elings Wells Pavilion at 3:00 pm and then move to the Terrace at 4:00 pm for a reception. Please let us know of any accessibility requests.
Supporting writing and research excellence
UC Santa Barbara English is grateful for generous gifts that have sponsored key research and teaching activities. Support from alumni, parents, and friends enable us to create unique opportunities and continue to cultivate a department of excellence.
Gifts to English help support undergraduate and graduate research, honors, and writing awards that support outstanding essays, short stories, poetry, scholarship on African-American literature, social justice, and graduate teaching. Every gift counts, and is truly appreciated.
It is preferred that gifts to the English Department are mailed by check to the Development Office (address below), or alternately, made here through our secure online giving platform.
Supporting programs, fellowships, and more
Gifts to English can also be tailored to match donor interest with the department’s mission and priorities. In making a gift to UCSB, each donor may express his or her wishes in the areas below:
- Undergraduate support: honors program, capstone research experiences, research awards, writing awards.
- Graduate Student support: research travel awards, recruitment awards, dissertation fellowships, writing awards.
- Faculty support: endowed chairs, visiting professorships.
- Creative writing support: writer in residence, writing workshops.
- Program support: specific program or center within the department, such as the 4Humanities Project, Broadside Ballad Project, Vineyard Scholarship, Las Maestras Center, or our many Research Centers
- Unrestricted support: support for the highest priority needs of the department and other opportunities.
For more information, or to speak with someone about a philanthropic investment, please contact:
Assistant Dean, Humanities and Fine Arts Development Office
University of California, Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-2013
Phone (805) 893-5181
We look forward to working with you to meet your philanthropic goals. Thank you again.