In Memoriam - Glyn Salton-Cox
|In Memoriam – Glyn Salton-Cox
The English Department is devastated to announce the death over the New Year of our colleague Glyn Salton-Cox. To his family, loved ones, and friends here, in his native Britain, and throughout the world, we offer our deepest and most heartfelt condolences. Glyn was a brilliant scholar, a very popular teacher, and the kindest of colleagues.
The Department of English invites you to a commemoration of our colleague Glyn Salton-Cox on Friday, March 3d, 2023.
We will gather in the Faculty Club’s Betty Elings Wells Pavilion at 3:00 pm and then move to the Terrace at 4:00 pm for a reception. Please let us know of any accessibility requests.
Section 19. Reading Lists for the First Qualifying Exam
The reading lists for the first qualifying examination will change in minor ways from year to year in response to changes in what is being taught and discussed in the profession at large. Each student is encouraged to pursue his or her own further reading program. Material not specified on the reading list can be used, where appropriate, in responding to examination questions.
Please contact the Staff Graduate Advisor for access to the full reading lists and available materials.
- Reading List 1: Medieval Literatures
- Reading List 2: Renaissance Literature
- Reading List 3: Restoration and Eighteenth-Century Literature
- Reading List 4: Romantic and Victorian Literature
- Reading List 5: American Literature to 1865
- Reading List 6: American Literature From 1865
- Reading List 7: Twentieth-Century Anglophone Literature
- Reading List 8: U.S. Race and Ethnic Literatures
- Reading List 9: General Theory
- Reading List 10: Theories of Genders and Sexualities
- Reading List 11: Literature and Theory of Technology
- Reading List 12: Theories of Literature and the Environment
- Reading List 13: Literature and the Mind
- Reading List 14: Modern Culture and Critical Theory (MCCT)
- Reading List 15: 21st Century Literature in Formatio