|In Memoriam – Glyn Salton-Cox
The English Department is devastated to announce the death over the New Year of our colleague Glyn Salton-Cox. To his family, loved ones, and friends here, in his native Britain, and throughout the world, we offer our deepest and most heartfelt condolences. Glyn was a brilliant scholar, a very popular teacher, and the kindest of colleagues.
The Department of English invites you to a commemoration of our colleague Glyn Salton-Cox on Friday, March 3d, 2023.
We will gather in the Faculty Club’s Betty Elings Wells Pavilion at 3:00 pm and then move to the Terrace at 4:00 pm for a reception. Please let us know of any accessibility requests.
To enroll in a closed or full English Department course:
- Sign up for the waitlist through the GOLD enrollment system, if available
- Do not e-mail the professor unless the course is designated “enrollment by permission only.”
- Go to the first class meeting AND the first meeting of your desired discussion section, if the course has sections.
- Priority of enrollment is at the discretion of the instructor. Criteria to be considered are: wait-list status, major/minor, seniority, date of contact, English Department Specialization, and other factors deemed relevant by the professor.
- If you are unable to attend the first class meeting due to religious observance, illness, or other unavoidable conflict, please contact the professor via e-mail before the first class meeting, or, if that is impossible, directly afterwards.
- Absence from the first class meeting is grounds for being dropped from the course. Nonetheless, if you wish to drop a class, it is your responsibility to withdraw from the course through GOLD before the drop deadline.