In Memoriam - Glyn Salton-Cox
|In Memoriam – Glyn Salton-Cox
The English Department is devastated to announce the death over the New Year of our colleague Glyn Salton-Cox. To his family, loved ones, and friends here, in his native Britain, and throughout the world, we offer our deepest and most heartfelt condolences. Glyn was a brilliant scholar, a very popular teacher, and the kindest of colleagues.
The Department of English invites you to a commemoration of our colleague Glyn Salton-Cox on Friday, March 3d, 2023.
We will gather in the Faculty Club’s Betty Elings Wells Pavilion at 3:00 pm and then move to the Terrace at 4:00 pm for a reception. Please let us know of any accessibility requests.
Instructions for the UCSB English Department Calendar
This page contains instructions for English Department staff, faculty, and research center/initiative representatives who wish to have direct editing permissions on the UCSB English Department Events Calendar.
The current calendar is provided by UCSB Connect (powered by Google). To edit this calendar, you need to have a UCSB Connect/Google/Gmail account and have editing permissions assigned to you by a calendar manager.
Events posted to the calendar will not automatically have a corresponding news/event item posted to the English Department website. Please contact the SASC staff about any news items or events you’d like to have announced on the Department website.
Steps for Accessing the Shared Department Events Calendar
- Contact our administrative coordinator and request editing access. Faculty will have access granted to their existing UCSB Connect/Gmail account. Grad students acting as representatives of a research center/initiative will need to provide the Google/Gmail account with which they’d like to receive editing access.
- Your designated UCSB Connect/Gmail account will receive an email when editing access has been granted.
- When viewing your google calendar(s), make sure that the UCSB English Department calendar is displayed by clicking it on the left side of the screen.
- To create an event, click “Create” in the upper left area of the page. Enter the event details. Be sure to:
- Prefix your event title with an identifier for the related center or research initiative (ACGC, EMC, Transcriptions, Lit. & Mind, etc.).
- List the event day and time.
- Make sure that the “UCSB English Department Center Events” calendar is selected from the Calendar drop-down. If it is not selected, no one else will be able to see the event.
- Click “Save” to save your event.
Once the event is created, anyone who views the shared calendar will be able to see the details of the event and plan accordingly.